My top 5 beauty favourites - 2016

 

Urban decay Gwen Safani Eyeshadow Palette

 
This product has defiantly been my go to palette of 2016.  It is so versatile for a day or night look.  I was also able to use this for my brows.  The colour Bathwater is a fab base colour, it has a little shimmer as well which can also be used to define the brow bone. I used the colour Punk for my brows.  It was the perfect colour and actually worked really well to for definition.  It is long lasting and didn't even need wax to keep it in place. The colours steady, baby and pop make up a lovely day look.  I was able to get a night look by using the colours danger and 1987. I really love this palette. I have even ordered a second one for when my current palette runs out.



                          


 

Lancôme Hydra Zen

With pregnancy came dry skin and pregnancy acne! Thankfully the acne died down in the second trimester but the dry skin comes and goes.  It is understandable to have skin changes with all the hormone changes in my body but for awhile I was really at a loss in what to use as my usual moisturiser didn't work anymore (simple) and I had used it for years! I wanted to go for a higher end product and I had been using the Lancôme concealer and loved the product. I decided to have a chat with one of the consultants about skin care and was advised to try Hydra Zen. Lancôme Hydra Zen is for stressed dry skin.  I was even given the reassurance that if it didn't work or broke me out further, I could return it and try something else.  I have to say that this moisturiser has been a god send. It really helped and I would very much recommend.




 

Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude Cushion Stick Radiant Make up

Again with pregnancy skin problems I was finding my Estee lauder Double wear foundation very heavy and showed up my skin problems more rather than hiding them.  Perfect timing was the release of the Double Wear Nude Cushion Stick Radiant Make Up.  It was basically a lighter version and it was fantastic! Now since my skin has improved I have been able to go back to the double wear foundation especially if going out etc.. but in general on a day to day basis I wear the cushion stick! It is truly amazing, giving good coverage with a radiant look but not to dewy.




 

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick

Kat Von D really has been my go to lipstick for 2016.  I was obsessed with the YSL rouge volupte especially in the summer but come autumn/winter I really wanted a more matte look. I had used the Kat Von D lipstick before which I loved but wanted to try the every lasting liquid version as Kat herself said it was her favourite to use.  I have to say what a revelation! I was always weary with liquid lipstick as sometimes they don't give a long lasting lip look but Kat has nailed it! I found it moisturising and instantly went from a liquid to a matte lipstick.  At first I used it with Lip liner but then realised I got a better look and finish by just using the liquid lipstick on its own. It is very long lasting and comes in some amazing colours.  My favourites are Lolita, Lolita II and Mother.




 

Benefit Rockateur Blush

I was a major fan of Benefit Dandelion Blusher but my now go to blush is Rockateur.  It is a great shade not to light and not too dark and has a slight highlight in it. I find it has great long lasting coverage. I also love the packaging. It comes with a great mini mirror and brush, so its great for on the go.





 



It was hard to choose just 5 items as there are so many more I could write about but I would say that these have honestly been a stable in my daily beauty routine and I would really recommend them!
 
 
Hope you enjoyed this post
 
Love
 
Purple Poodle xx
 
 
 

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig