High End Beauty Products - Worth the hype?



DIOR DIORIFIC High Fashion Lipstick - Diorama
 
 



 
I love the Diorific Range. It personifies luxury.  This Diorific lipstick captures the Dior spirit of extreme luxury, with a deep, rich colour. The Lipstick has a rich texture, with an intense, long–lasting colour.  I went for the colour Diorama. A deep red. Lovely for a night out or special occasion. Not only is the product superb but the gold casing makes it so special.

 

DIOR DIORIFIC Vernis Nail Lacquer - Gold

 
 

 
 
 
I love the Dior Diorific Nail Lacquer.  It not only comes in a beautiful bottle but the product is amazing.  It is long lasting and gives a professional finish.  I will defiantly be getting more colours. They are so worth the money.
 

DIOR Show Iconic Overcurl Mascara Make-up Gift Set

 


 
 
 
I really wanted to try a high end Mascara and got this beautiful gift for Christmas.  The Dior show Iconic Overcurl Mascara is a fantastic product.  It really lives up to its name overcurl.  It extends the lash and gives great definition. In the set you also got a mini version of the DIOR 5 COULEURS DESIGNER All In One Artistry Palette Eyeshadow.  These colours are amazing for an everyday look and you get a whole mini palette with a base, colour, shade, shine and liner. The eyeshadows are so pigmented and long wearing.  I really want to invest in a large version of this with a different colour range.
 
 
 
Charlotte Tilbury - Luxury Palette -  The Vintage Vamp - colour-coded eyeshadows

1. Prime 2. Enhance 3. Pop 4. Smoke

 
 


 

Vintage vamp is a great description, it's very easy to obtain either a very gentle day look that is elegant, or full on vamp. The eyeshadows are so soft and very comfortable to wear. They are pigmented and very easy to blend. I like the four step application of  Prime, Enhance, Pop and Smoke. The packaging is beautiful and I have been very impressed with any Charlotte Tilbury I have used so far. 
 

Charlotte Tilbury - The Vintage Vamp Lip Look

 
 





 
Lip Cheat - Savage Rose - Lip liner
 
 Lip cheat is a rich, velvety lip liner that glides effortlessly over the lips and has the power to completely re-shape, re-size and balance your lips.  This lip liner can smooth over texture for a seamless line. It is waterproof and lasts up to 6 hours so your lips keep their shape and don’t smudge. I really love this lip liner. I feel that lip liner is a key element for the perfect lip look and with the combination of the lip cheat liner and the kissing lipstick I really did achieve a fantastic long lasting lip look.
 
Kissing - Night Crimson - Lipstick

K.I.S.S.I.N.G is a range of 10 lipsticks created with modern and classic icons in mind. The range varies from nudes to red carpet reds made to suit any skin tone. Perfect for a full lip. It is long lasting , very moisturising on the lip with staying power that really lasts especially if you are out to dinner or drinks.  Again the packaging is beautiful.

Lip Lustre - Unleash me - Lip Gloss

  LIP LUSTRE is a super luxe, high-gloss lacquer that gives your lips a brilliant mirror-shine finish, creating the illusion of a 3-dimensional, voluptuous pout. Lip lustre adds a creamy texture to your entire lips to plump, boost and coat. I usually do not like lip gloss as I can find them sticky with no staying power but this product has really changed my mind.  Yes when you apply you have a high sheen but it seemed to almost have a quality of a lip stain.  It actually withstood dinner and when I went to the ladies to check I was still looking ok I couldn't believe that the product was in place with a rich colour and only needed minimal re application. I also found the product hydrating and really helped my lips over Christmas to keep dryness away.

 
Estee Lauder - Double Wear Foundation and Double Wear
 
 
 
 
 
Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude Cushion Stick Radiant Makeup

The Cushion stick polishes and evens skintone for a healthy looking glow. It is the perfect product if you have any skin problems as it is skin-loving, weightless and comfortable.  This Double Wear formula instantly hydrates and can last up to 8 hours.  I tried this product when I got a flare of pregnancy acne and dry skin.  I found the heavier formula Double wear foundation actually was showing up the acne more and I really needed my skin to breathe. This Nude Cushion Stick was the answer.  It is lightweight but still gave amazing coverage.  I was so pleased and happy, It made me feel really good when I thought I was at a loss with my skin! I would highly recommend this product!

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup SPF 10

 Now if you want a foundation that will last for a full day of work or play this is the foundation for you.  It keeps skin looking fabulous, breathing comfortably through heat, humidity and activity without changing colour or fading. It has a natural matte finish and SPF10 sunscreen to protect skin. This foundation is perfect for a special event like a wedding to achieve a flawless finish with staying power. 
 
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Powder Makeup SPF 14.

I use this powder to give my skin a flawless finish after using any of the above foundations applying with a face powder brush. It has 8-hour staying power. This powder makeup stays fresh, looks natural and won`t change colour, even through non-stop activity. It glides on silky smooth, has staying power without feeling dry. It is defiantly Oil-absorbing. This powder is also oil-free and fragrance-free. It is my favourite powder ever! I use it daily with never any caking problems that you may find with other powders.
 
Estee Lauder- Modern Muse Le Rouge Eau Du Parfum Spray
 
 
 
 
As you can see from the half bottle above I love this perfume. It is rich in scent with Fruity, Floral, Oriental notes. It is described as Extroverted, Glamorous, Sophisticated. A sexy, provocative contrast of two distinctively different accords - rich roses awakened by ripe fruits.  I would say this is a sophisticated scent and perfect for the evening.  It is rich, luxurious and long lasting.  Since it release it has been a favourite of mine and I will always have this in my perfume collection.
 
 
KAT VON D - Everlasting Liquid Lipstick
 
 
 
 
 
The life-proof lipstick that will not wear off!  You really can eat and drink with the comfort of knowing your lips are going to stay flawless through it all! The everlasting liquid range comes in 28 shades. This creamy formula glides over lips like a gloss and sets to a matte finish. It truly has an amazing high-pigment colour that lasts all day.  It also lives up to Kats 100% Cruelty Free lifestyle. If I had to pick my go to lip range this is the one.  It is so easy to apply and really has true staying power.  Kats range is amazing and you can see her passion for creating quality make up products.  You don't even need a lip liner which I found surprising. You can create definition with the applicator and get great results.
 
 

 JO MALONE English Pear and Freesia Cologne
 
 

 
 
This high end cologne is the essence of autumn. The freshness of just-ripe pears is wrapped in a bouquet of white freesias, and mellowed by amber, patchouli and woods. Jo Malone create long lasting individual scents for all.  The whole experience of the store is amazing and you feel you can really find a scent that is personal to you.  This is my favourite.  It is a rich scent, long lasting and brings back amazing memories of Christmas from a couple of years ago when I first received some Jo Malone as a gift.  Yes it is an expensive, high end cologne but as they say you get what you pay for and Jo Malone is worth every penny.  Even this small bottle will last as you don't need to spray a lot as you would with a budget or high street designer brand.  If you want to splurge .. get yourself some Jo Malone and enjoy!


So are these High End Brands worth the Hype?  The answer is of course... YES!  You really do get what you pay for and I honestly don't have one negative comment for any of these products. They all have amazing qualities and you really do feel amazing wearing them.

I hope you enjoyed this post

Lots of Love

Purple Poodle xx







No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig